Share | 

How to Play!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
colors30
Admin

PostSubject: How to Play!   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am

Welcome, to the new UB Funkeys RPG! I'm Colors, and I'll be your guide :D

The main goal of this RPG is to have fun! That, and to get to the highest level you can, conquer all the challenges, collect everything you can, and all that other good stuff, but all that leads back to having fun :D If you aren't having fun, be sure to post over at the idea's board and I'll see what I can do!

Probably the biggest part of this RPG is battling. Battling is pretty simple, you just find a battle, and post a attack! Then the battle starts, a mod or I will then update the battle the next time we're on, and you can see how much damage your attack did, and what attack and how much damage you opponent did, as well as anything else that may have happened. During battle, you may also use a item, in which case you will type which item you want to use instead, and it will take up a turn. Once your opponent reaches 0 hp, you win! The battle is over, and you will get the XP and coin reward listed. If you hit 0 hp, you lose, and will have to either start over, or choose a different battle to fight. You will not loose anything if you lose. If you loose, try gaining a level or two and try again! You may only be in one battle at a time, and, for now at least, only one person may battle a enemy at one time.

Now for the more technical stuff. At level one, the starting level, you will have 10 hp, and 1 point in each stat, as well as 1 point in any move marked "no added effect" in your funkey's moveset. Each level you will gain 3 skill points, and 2 move points. Skill points can be used to power up any of the four stats, Attack, Defense, Speed, and Luck. The stronger you attack, the more damage you can do, the stronger you defense, the less damage you will take. For speed, if your speed is higher than your opponents, then you will go first. If not, they will go before you. If your speed is double your opponents, you can attack twice in a row! Just type two attacks if this is the case. Luck determines the likelihood that effects will happen. The higher the luck, the more likely you moves effects will work! You may want to keep everything balanced, or have one or two stats higher than the rest, it's all your choice! Move points can be put into any of the moves on your funkey's moveset, excluding Signature Moves of Finishers. Basic moves with no added effects will have the most power, but moves with effects can help you win! Once again, you may spend your points however you wish, putting all your points into one or two moves, or balancing most to all moves. Moves vary my funkey, so pick the one that best suits you. Every 25 levels, you will gain a signature move point. You may then buy any one of your signature moves! Signature moves are powerful moves that are specific to each funkey, and do more damage or have better effects than regular moves, but may only be used once per battle. At level 100, the max level, you will unlock your powerful Finisher! To spend any type of points, please go to the Skill Center in Funkeys Town.

And now for coins, and spending them! :D
Each battle will earn you coins, as well as a few things being added in the future ;D
You can spend your coins on items in a shop, right now there's only one per tribe, but there will be more, and in more places. To buy something, just post something along the lines of "I'd like to buy a ___ please". Keep an eye out for special items that may appear every so often :D

And now, if you have anymore questions, please ask. If not, go out, pick a funkey, and have fun! :D I'll be adding more stuff shortly, go and vote for what you'd like to see next under the "Ideas" section, but in the mean time, good luck! :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ubfunkeysrpg.web-rpg.org
colors30
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Play!   Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:52 am

Edits: The maximum level is now 25, skill points are not restricted by a maximum amount, and move points, signature moves, and finishers are no longer longer being used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ubfunkeysrpg.web-rpg.org

How to Play!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1